We are often asked…
How do I register on the platform?
- Go to Register and enter your surname, first name, email address and password.
- Answer the question: “How would you like to be named as the author of your stories?”
- When you have filled in all the fields, click on Continue.
Make sure you enter your email address correctly.
You will then receive an email from us with a link to activate your account.
How do I update my profile information (e.g. name, email address)?
You can update the profile information connected to your account (e.g. to change the name, user name and email address) as follows:
- Log on with your email address and password.
- Go to your Profile.
- Click on Edit profile.
Enter your information and click on Done.
What do I do if I’ve forgotten my password?
If you’ve forgotten your password, you can reset it using your email address:
- Go to Register and click on Forgotten password.
- Enter your email address.
- Click on Reset password.
I didn’t receive an email to reset my password.
If you don’t receive an email to reset your password, check the spam folder of your email account. If you haven’t received an email there either, return to the platform and click on Send again or contact us at:
What happens to my data?
All input uploaded to the Museum of Utopia and Daily Life are handled as museum work and become part of our museum’s virtual collection. The data are saved on our server, which is subject to the European Union’s data protection guidelines. Only employees of the Museum Of Utopia and Everyday Life can see the contact data connected to individual texts, as part of their curatorial and research work. They are contractually bound to secrecy. You yourself can decide whether your name is shown beside your input or not.
How do I write a story?
Please follow these steps to write a story on one of our objects or theme worlds:
- Search for the object or theme world that you wish to write about.
- Click on the “plus” sign at the bottom left.
- Enter your text in the text field. Please note that it can’t be longer than 800 characters.
- If you wish to continue without adding an image, click on Continue without image at the bottom right.
- You will be presented a preview of your entry. When you’re happy with it, click on Send.
- We will check your entry and get back to you.
How can I upload my own image to add to my story?
- Write your text in the text field and click on Continue.
- Click on the camera symbol and upload up to 5 images. The images should not be larger than 5 MB.
- Define your cover picture and click on Continue.
When you’re done, click on Send.